New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by josh_hates_you at 2010-03-01 06:17:53
slag%20in%20car said[orig][quote]
nice job takin over this comp guys!

hahaha.

you are gonna see why there is no NEIWP vol. II

this is one reason.

also forget about the 2 disc thing for now. concentrate on one quality disc. if you get enough material then think double disc or volumes one and 2. this sort of thing will be better figured out after you figure out your finances. I assume you are doing this for promotion (of bands,your studio, nebm in general) not for profit. after you price out copies and packaging, shipping, set up fees of one disc vs. 2. Number of bands on your cd (black metal songs tend to be longer) etc. you'll know what to charge bands if you go that route. if you pay for it yourself you can make your money back and profit but then you get into copyright bs especially if any bands are on labels. promotion vs profit. another reason i say forget the double disc idea is that a lot of folks wont follow thru. NEIWP vol 1 had almost 50 bands express interest. about 35 actually signed up and said they would definitely get material to me. 22 bands did. Granted you have a little more time to work with so that might pan out in your favor.

as for the recording quality i think that was a major downfall of the last comp. granted the thing was mastered in sound forge and ozone but the volumes of all the tracks i got where all over the map as were the amounts of compression. pro mastering will fix this to a degree but with levels and compressing that far apart it would have been a nightmare for any mastering engineer to work with. its best if you get the raw wav files of the final mix before the mastering but most bands dont have access to that, just the mastered copies, which as we said are all over the place compared to one another. Also, I personally dont like the basement one microphone sounding shitty black metal recordings either. i dont care how trve kvlt a certain band is. if it sounds like tin cans and chanting echoing horribly in a basement amid some squeals that repesent a guitar tone i dont want to fucking hear it.

also the voting thing but then saying its not a poulartiy contest is kinda weird. wait till you start collecting material from people before making these statements. im sure only more arguing will ensue as to the true kult status and why one band deserves to be on the comp and another doesn't.

but it's not my comp im just sharing my 2 cents through my personal expiriences of putting together a comp like this. let me know if you have any specific questions.
[default homepage] [print][7:58:10am May 23,2024
load time 0.00667 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]