New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by Conservationist at 2009-07-24 13:20:37
pam said[orig][quote]
Conservationist said[orig][quote]
pam said[orig][quote]
darkwornli said[orig][quote]
I go by the fucking issues.

EVERYONE on this board does EXACTLY that. It just doesn't suit your constant condescending bullshit lectures so you squish us all into whatever box you like and write people like me off as single-issue voters.

The quoted portion is what I'm responding to.

I don't think I was speaking about your motivations (personally).

Regarding how most people approach voting: there's very little systemic or systematic view. Do you agree or not?

I think in the end, people vote with their parties more than they do not, but there's a reason for that. There is a HUGE difference in ideology between the two major parties, why the FUCK would I vote against my ideology?

And don't tell me any candidates last election had more of my values and wishes in mind on the Republican side than on the Democratic. And yeah, I did research.

There is nothing wrong with aligning with a party, do some people vote blindly? Of course they do, but writing off everyone associated with a party the way you SEEM to always do is just as blind and stupid as voting without ever picking up a newspaper.

I don't think there's as big a gap as one might think. You may find your preference hinges on a few issues that may not be as structural to the future of a nation as they appear.

I am conflicted as well. While I support the Republicans, I think a theocracy would have to be non-humanist (really great discussion going on about anti-humanist sacralization here).

I like the idea of abortion, right to die, etc. The populist right opposes that. But I oppose the core idea of the left, which is anti-natural-selection, or that we must support and defend the rights of thieves, defectives, criminals, etc. Fuck those people -- get them away from my family.
[default homepage] [print][9:50:13am May 23,2024
load time 0.00749 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]