New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by the_reverend at 2005-07-26 13:37:47
well, yes and no. they aren't getting the ultra (which is under $500), but isn't available in x16 pci express.
the version they are gettig is on pricegrabber, selling for $200s without any deals off it and I did one search putting it at $200-ish.

sorry, I read here:
http://www.overclockers.com/tips00681/
and they talk about the WMV hardware excelleration being missing from the 6800 (although they claim it does) and the 6600 doing it. but that's not got anything to do with DVDs so i suck. then again, theirs doesn't say it's an ultra... or a dual video out for that matter.

I would be willing to bet that they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a 7200rpm sata and a 10K/15K rpm sata raptor/cheetah whatever.
you only increase your access/seek times by 10-30%. Just keep your hard drives defragged and the 7.2Ks will work awesome.

once they start recording/editing HUGE files, it's all going to be hard drive speed. RAM won't matter since the files can be 1GB/minute uncompressed video. the videos that jim will be recording will be at 120 minutes/4gb (compressed video). maybe at that point, 2GB will matter, but, windows doesn't freaking use over 1GB very efficently. at that point, I would get another SATA drive (possibly a raptor/raptor2) and put my scratch pad on it.
[default homepage] [print][12:35:30am May 13,2024
load time 0.02072 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]