New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Username:
SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)

UBB enabled. HTML disabled Spam Filtering enabledIcons: (click image to insert) Show All - pop

b i u  add: url  image  video(?)
: post by the_reverend at 2005-07-26 12:28:20
so.. you disagree with my statement and then poser something to back "my side" up?

first: DVD-play back with be better on this old 32MB ATI card (which is oncard ie: "not shared") I have cause it's got a true DVD decoder card built in. the geforece 6800 no longer does. they have partnered with microsoft and do alot of their shit in software and slanted towards the ms WMV format (which is a modified version of mpeg layer 4), BUT it's all software based (the geforce 6600 has hardware decoders for all this).

second: the reason that everyone is up the ass of apple for video editing and stuff is cause apple used to be the best at this. now, it doesn't matter and in some ways, PCs are much better. 5 years ago, I would have said go with a MAC for that. Now, MACs have watered down and thinned their blood line. all the hardware inside a MAC is the same as your PC. the only thing that a MAc has over a PC is the way that they simulate a more than 32bits on system. they run 2 64bit memory channels in parallel for a 128bit memory pipe. windows can't even deal with a single 64bit arch.
bottom-line: MACs status appeal is the only thing keeping it around. that includes the iPod. and yes, I have a MAC.

in the end, it doesn't matter. the computer you got will handle everything that you need to do with it and more. I suggest going and getting a PVR USB product. this will give you an easily usable way to TX video, but also give you software like a TV to record TV shows.
[default homepage] [print][7:32:42am May 13,2024
load time 0.00678 secs/10 queries]
[search][refresh page]